An innovative project of networking all the Sanskrit Universities and the Vidyapeethas in the country has been undertaken by the Vidyapeetha with a special financial assistance of the Ministry of Human Resources Development and UGC. It has been captioned as SANSK-NET.
The objectives are :
i) To present the database available in different institutions in a computer frame work to enable mutual interaction and dialogue.
ii) To provide facilities for serious students of Sanskrit in India and abroad by having reference material made available to them through Internet in a readily accessible form. Under the project, about 52,000 pages (2 kb/page ISCII) of contents have been hosted on internet.
MoUs and Collaboration
The Vidyapeetha has executed Memorandum of Understanding with the following institutes under SANSK-NET.
1. Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Bangalore
2. Poornaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram (PPSM) Bangalore
3. Academy of Sanskrit Research (ASR) Melkote
4. Ahobila Mutt Sanskrit College (AMSC) Madhurantakam
5. Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) Cochin, Kerala.
6. International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.
7. Dr. Hari Singh Gaur University Saugar, M.P.